Wednesday, 10 January 2018
Here are some new links for students to practice what we are currently working on in Math.
Students should continue using RAZ-Kids and DreamBox.
Tuesday, 5 December 2017
Monday, 27 November 2017
up, cup, us, run, jump, bump, truck, until, under
Bonus words: special, Christmas
Word Wall Work:
1) Students need to write each of the words and make a patter
example: Jump Christmas Jump Christmas or J U M P
2) Take 5 or more of the word wall words and write a story. If they can't think of a story to write using the words, then they can write a sentence for each of the words. Make sure to underline the word wall words.
Sunday, 26 November 2017
As most of you know, every Christmas a Christmas Tree goes up at St. Anne and attached to it are blue and pink
angels. Each angel has the gender and age of a child in need.
This year we are supporting our sister schools St. Michael Ottawa, Prince of Peace, St. Martin de Porres as well a some children at St. Anne.
We are asking parents, who would like to participate, to have their child(ren) pick an angel from the tree beginning on
Gifts need to be returned to the school by December 13th. Please be sure to attach your angel to the gift. This gift will be delivered to the child in need for Christmas.
The recommended cost for each gift is between 20 and 30 dollars.
This year we are asking that gifts not be wrapped, but either put into a gift bag or brought in as is (with the angel attached) . If interested, please write a note in your child’s agenda indicating they have permission to take an angel.
Thank you in advance for your support of this worthwhile cause,
Wednesday, 22 November 2017
Friday, 17 November 2017
We are finishing up our Geometry Unit.
We will be starting our Patterning Unit next week.
Smart Tutor has some great free math lessons for students to practice the strands.
We are also working on Solving Addition and Subtraction Word problems.
Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and 25s
Counting to 200
Reading - we are working on the Making Connections Reading Strategy.
Tips for helping your child make connections:
Focusing on text-to-self connections:
- What does this story remind you of?
- Can you relate to the characters in the story?
- Does anything in this story remind you of anything in your own life?
- What does this remind you of in another book you have read?
- How is this text similar to other things you have read?
- How is this text different from other things you have read?
- What does this remind you of in the real world?
- How are events in this story similar to things that happen in the real world?
Tuesday, 14 November 2017
Tuesday, 7 November 2017
Bonus word: teacher
Here are some activities you can do at home to practice:
Group words into 2, 3, 4, or more letter words
Flashcards: show your child the word, have them read it and then spell it.
Make sentences: orally or written. Use more than one or two words in a sentence.
Play a speed game with a brother or sister to see who can spell it correctly first.
Rhyming words: make up rhyming words to go with the words
try www.spellingcity.com a fun website with games to practice words online.
Sunday, 5 November 2017
Tuesday, 31 October 2017
Bonus word: PUMPKIN
Please review the words. There will be a Quiz on Friday.
Writing: We are working on Descriptive writing. Students came up with two pages of adjectives!
We will start our first descriptive writing task tomorrow.
Math: We continue to work on 2D Geometry.
Science: We are continuing our Movement and Simple Machines unit.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS ARE DUE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3RD.
Raz-Kids and Dream Box: Students are encouraged to use this program regularly.